Dr. Y. Anthony Nakamura, a board-certified plastic surgeon and recognized expert in plastic surgery and body contouring, offers chemical peels to the residents of Arlington, Dallas Fort Worth, and the surrounding communities in Texas.
Chemical Peels (Glycolic, Salicylic, Lactic Acid and TCA) and the NEW MicroPeels by SkinCeuticals®
Chemical peels are ideal treatments for sun damaged and collagen-depleted skin on the face, neck, and décolleté area. They cause collagen stimulation at the epidermal layer and relieve skin of dehydration and blemishes.
MicroPeels are designed to exfoliate the skin with more than just an acidic product. It can be coupled with a variation of a dermaplane treatment, clay masque, and/or cryogenic therapy.
Chemical Peels / Facial Treatments Before and Afters
- Reduces brown, sun, and age spots (sun damaged skin)
- Non-toxic chemical that removes a layer of sun damaged skin
- Helps reduce the primary signs of photoaging (fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, and visible skin imperfections)
- Three-step clinical procedure combining manual exfoliation, chemical exfoliation, and cryogenic therapy
- Helps reduce acne and keep problematic skin clear of breakouts
- One-step clinical procedure of chemical exfoliation with salicylic acid
MicroPeel with Cryogenic Therapy
- Excellent for blemish-prone skin and polishing that dull finish
- It is a great treatment to do before any event to get your skin looking fabulous
At your scheduled complimentary consultation, the nurse will obtain a medical history and review your current product use and recent sun exposure. Upon arrival, your skin will be cleansed and evaluated for a treatment plan.
Dr. Nakamura and his staff are wonderful. Everyone is very professional and the office setting is peaceful and welcoming.
Who Is a Candidate?
Candidates are skin types 1 to 4 (skin type evaluated at consult) with problematic skin. It is crucial to avoid sun exposure and tanned skin two weeks before and two weeks after the treatment.
What Can I Expect?
The chemical peel is applied to cleansed, dry skin with a pad to the areas determined at the consultation. You may experience a warm sensation at the treated area. To minimalize discomfort, the nurse will provide a high-powered Zimmer cooler. The chemical peel is then neutralized, and the nurse will cleanse the skin and apply vitamins and sunscreen. Mild to moderate redness may be noted for two to six hours, followed by dryness and minimal flaking of the skin for 24 to 48 hours. It is best to use a mild cleanser, moisturizer, and sunscreen for three to four days after the treatment. A mild exfoliating scrub may be used on day five.
At Accent On You, we take pride in delivering the utmost quality of care with a personalized approach. Our patients in Arlington, Dallas Fort Worth, and the surrounding communities in Texas receive nothing but the most comprehensive information on the procedures we perform because we believe that an informed decision is the best decision.