What is a Mini Tummy Tuck?
Often times, people find that dieting and exercise will not give them the abdominal profile that they desire. What a mini tummy tuck can do is remove excess skin under the navel and tighten muscles in the lower abdominal area. This medical procedure is pretty similar to a full or traditional tummy tuck. However, there are differences between the two procedures. A mini tummy tuck necessitates less time for surgery and recovery, and the incisions are smaller. Also, mini tummy tucks do not require your belly button to be repositioned.
What Are the Benefits To The Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure?
Our patients see great results from this procedure. After the surgery, patients experience a tighter, more toned appearance in their abdominal area. Patients report needing smaller clothing sizes, as well as experiencing an increased amount of confidence in their appearance. Many people that have undergone this procedure in the past have reported that the results are long-term and that the mini tummy tuck was a solution to a problem that couldn’t be corrected through diet and exercise.
Am I A Candidate for a Mini Tummy Tuck?
At your initial appointment, Dr. Nakamura or Dr. Mohan will explain the main difference between a tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck. It is at this time that he will determine which procedure can give you the best results. You will be able to ask us any questions you may have at this time.
The patient most likely to be approved will be emotionally and physically healthy. The candidate will also meet the following criteria:
- Have loose and excessive skin under the navel.
- Have skin that has lost an excessive amount of elasticity due to such factors as recent weight loss, pregnancy, and genetics.
- Have loose lower abdominal skin that has not responded to a diet and exercise program.
Mini Tummy Tuck Procedure
We will remove the excess skin under the navel and tighten the muscles in the lower abdomen. The abdominal skin underneath is pulled until it is smooth and tight. This results in an abdominal profile that is toned and healthy. This medical procedure should not take more than two hours to complete.
Dr Nakamura and his staff have been fabulous through my whole endeavor. I am so pleased with my results, but more importantly how I was treated and cared for. They are sensitive and friendly, they went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable with the office, the environment and the procedures. I reviewed several surgeons before choosing him and I'd never go anywhere else!
Mini Tummy Tuck Recovery
- A benefit of this procedure is that it is less invasive than its better-known counterpart. This also results in a speedier recovery.
- We will ask you to wear a compression garment after the procedure. This facilitates the healing process.
- Even though the recovery process is shorter, there will be some post-surgery discomfort. This should only last for a couple of days.
- Most of our patients can go back to their normal rate of activity about a week after the procedure. Do not engage in vigorous physical activity for two weeks after the surgery.
Mini Tummy Tuck Results
Patients should see noticeable results right after the surgery. Note that post-surgery swelling may prevent some from seeing immediate changes. Once the swelling goes down, the patient should be able to see changes right away.
At Accent On You, we take pride in delivering the utmost quality of care with a personalized approach. Our patients in Arlington, Dallas Fort Worth, and the surrounding communities in Texas receive nothing but the most comprehensive information on the procedures we perform because we believe that an informed decision is the best decision. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nakamura or Dr. Mohan to discuss your aesthetic goals and learn more about the services provided by Accent On You.