The Do’s and Dont’s of Tummy Tucks
Thinking of having a tummy tuck? If so, it’s important to know what to expect before and after the procedure. Here are some do’s and don’ts of tummy tucks:
A tummy tuck, also referred to as an abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgery procedure that slims the abdomen by removing extra skin and fat and tightening the abdominal muscles. Patients may choose a tummy tuck surgery if they have loose or sagging skin around the abdominal region. Many candidates choose the surgery to tighten their body after massive weight loss or to help flatten their stomach after pregnancy.
- Maintain your ideal weight with routine exercise and a healthy diet.
- At least two weeks before surgery, stop smoking.
- Stay hydrated with plenty of water.
- Get a medical evaluation or lab testing.
- Adjust your current medications and take any medications prescribed by Dr. Nakamura.
- Take paid time off from work to prepare.
- Ask for assistance with childcare, household chores, or other normal responsibilities.
- Research plastic surgeons who have experience performing tummy tucks and look up before-and-after photos of actual abdominoplasty patients online.
- On the day of your procedure, make transportation arrangements to and from the surgical facility.
- Put on compression clothing to reduce swelling according to Dr. Nakamura’s advice.
- Carefully follow all aftercare instructions.
- Eat healthy meals and drink lots of water.
- To relieve pressure on your incisions, sleep on your side.
- Take short walks outside or around your house to stay active.
- Keep track of your progress by attending follow-up appointments with Dr. Nakamura.
- Keep a positive attitude and set reasonable expectations for how your surgery will turn out.
- Don’t take aspirin, inflammatory medications, or any other herbal supplements that can cause excess bleeding.
- Avoid drinking alcohol for a minimum of 48 hours before your surgery.
- Rest as much as you can. Do not overwork yourself.
- Avoid lifting anything heavy or doing anything strenuous until cleared by Dr. Nakamura.
- Don’t smoke.
- Don’t expose your surgical incisions to any direct sunlight for a minimum of six months following surgery.
- Don’t wear any tight clothes that might rub against your incisions.
- Don’t go swimming, hot tubbing, or take a bath until those activities are cleared by Dr. Nakamura.
If you’re considering a tummy tuck, it’s important to consult with a qualified plastic surgeon. Accent On You is a practice that offers tummy tuck treatments for those in the greater Arlington and Dallas Fort Worth, TX areas. Dr. Y. Anthony Nakamura has more than 25 years of experience.
The practice prioritizes patient comfort, safety, and satisfaction to provide patients with the best aesthetic outcome and overall experience. To schedule a consultation with Dr. Nakamura at Accent On You, just visit their website and complete their online contact form. Alternatively, you can call them on the phone at 817-417-7200 or even visit their office at 3100 W. Arkansas Lane Suite A Arlington, Texas. No matter the method, we are excited to hear from you and help you start your journey to a more confident you.
Posted in Uncategorized