Why Choose a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon?
When people are looking to get plastic surgery done, they need to make sure that they are choosing a qualified surgeon for the procedure. Many patients are afraid of terrible results that have them looking worse than before. Or even worse, getting infections and having to deal with complications. There are a lot of horror stories out there, but that is because most of those patients went to unqualified surgeons to get their procedure done. It is so important you get any plastic or cosmetic surgery from a board-certified surgeon.
Doctors who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery have been specially trained in plastic surgery practices. Also, they need to follow rigorous continuous training and education to stay board certified. Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery ensures the doctors do these five things:
- Have specialized training: To become board-certified, doctors must complete at least five years of surgical training after medical school, including finishing a plastic surgery residency program.
- Have aesthetic expertise: Their training includes years of reconstructive surgery that focuses on function and form.
- Complete rigorous testing: The board certification process requires the surgeons to pass a set of rigorous examinations as well as fulfilling additional requirements by the board.
- Continuous education: When a physician is board-certified, it does not stop there. They are required to participate in continuing education programs to maintain their status.
- Have a dedication to patient care and safety: Board certification is voluntary and showcases a commitment to providing the highest standard and quality of care for the patients.
The American Board of Plastic Surgery aims to produce ethical, qualified plastic surgeons with extensive knowledge of the entire spectrum of plastic surgery. At Accent On You, patients can feel safe and comfortable knowing that Dr. Nakamura is held to these high standards.
Dr. Nakamura has over 25 years of experience in the plastic surgery field. He is a recognized expert and is known for providing excellent care to his patients. Dr. Nakamura Is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is also a member of the American Medical Association, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, and more. When patients come into Accent On You, they can feel at ease knowing that they are receiving effective, quality care at the hands of Dr. Nakamura. He has worked hard to provide patients with great results that help them to feel confident.
To see Dr. Nakamura’s work, check out our patient gallery. If you are ready to get a plastic surgery procedure by a surgeon that you can trust, then contact us to make a consultation appointment with Dr. Nakamura.
Posted in Plastic Surgery